Thursday, February 21, 2008

My bad beat blog?

So, I'm extremely sick right now.  I never get sick, and this is probably the sickest I've ever been in my life, it really sucks so much.  I'm getting the chills, my body is constantly aching, my head feels like it is so close to exploding, it isn't good, I just can hope to fall asleep and not wake up for a long time.  But here I am, awake since I have slept for like 20 hours in the last 24.

I'm in Maine right now visiting my girlfriend for my Winter Break.  Things couldn't be any better.  I left Tuesday evening around 8pm, hit very bad weather around Sherbrooke for about 3-4 hours.  I was the only car on the road, it was midnight, the snow was a few inches deep on the road, the snowflakes were massive and I could barely see the road and I was hopelessly looking for somewhere to pull over and wait, but obviously didn't.  I just wanted to get to the border and see what it was like from there.  I finally made it to the border, the snow wasn't as bad since there were trees on both sides of the roads blocking it.  BUT, I did manage to hit a deer, so fucking standard, like god really does not want me going to Maine.  So basically, I'm driving about 40-50 km/h, I'm at the top of a hill, I can see maybe 20 feet in front of me, and I see 2 deer in the MIDDLE of the road and that's where I am driving since it's my safest bet to be with no cars on the road and the fact I can't see the lines.  I say to myself, don't slam on the brakes (icy roads), just slow down as much as possible and hope they get out of the way. They started to move, but it was too late, I missed the smallest one, but the bigger one (still small for an adult deer) got hit.  I hit it on the left side of my bumper, it flew up the hood and over the windshield and fell off over my door.  I was so scared and in shock.  I stopped, to see if there was damage and if I killed the deer.  By the time I pulled over and got out both of the deer were gone, so that was good, and there was no damage, WTF?!?!?!?!??!?! So lucky. 

The weather continued to be awful and I finally got to her house at 5am.  I got out of the car and instantly got the shakes, that's when I knew something was wrong, got into bed and was still shaking even after an hour.  Fell asleep and woke up feeling like shit.

So, after all of that, I guess I have some good news.  I played a quick 2 hour session on Monday night.  Very weak table, very easy to beat and take down pot after pot with C bets.  I was down around $170 at my lowest point after reloading like $20-$30 at a time.  Just missed flops and would get called EVERY SINGLE TIME I made a C bet with air.  I just wasn't hitting flops.  Of course I make it $12 with KK, get 2 callers and an A hits the flop, I fold of course and he showed just an ace and I told him he didn't have to show.  I didn't lose any big pots, I just lost a million small ones in like an hour.

I managed to win 3 decent pots to help succumb my $170 losses.

I made it $10 with AK, get 2 callers.  Flop is K Q 3r, I check, guy to my left bets $10, I make it $35, he calls instantly.  From my read on the guy, he could very well have JJ, or Q 8 here, he is a terrible player and would have raised me with better than one pair here.  Turn was a 5, I bet $50, he calls, river was a Q, I shoved.  I said to my self, I can't show weakness here and think forever on this river, so I just shoved, if he had a Q, so be it.  It was a $120 shove into $150 or so.  He thought forEVER and folded and showed K 9.  How does he fold that.  He said "do you have the queen?"  I didn't say a word.  But seriously, he puts me on the Q the way I played that hand? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

EP made it $8 (makes it 8 with decent hands, makes it 6 with anything else).  I call on the button with AsQs.  Flop is A 6 A.  He checks.  He would do this with AK, Aq, 66 etc.  If he bet out at this pot right away, he would be bluffing that's just how he plays.  So I fire $12, he calls.  Turn was a 7, he checked again.  Again, he would still do this with a better hand than me.  I bet $35, and I'm betting to make it seem like I don't have an A.  If I check, I think it's too suspicious, on my part, but now that I think about it, maybe it could have made it seem like I don't have an A if I checked, making it seem like I bluffed the turn.  Anyways, he calls the $35, and it turns out to be good that I bet the turn.  He checks the 5 river after thinking for a minute.  This really threw me off, and it shouldn't have.  I checked behind, stupidly, and he had KK.  I should have known that the long wait means he wants a check on the river.  The player he is, I could seriously see him checking every street with a boat or AK since I had been betting so hard all night with air.  I was just worried about a check shove on the river - I definately think hard on that one.

UTG makes it $11 (had been doing this all night), one caller right after him, I call in the CO with AQ.  Flop is K  J  4.  UTG bets $10 into $36, UTG+1 calls, I call hoping for a 10, maybe even an A and I'm getting 5:1.  Turn is a Q, UTG bets $25, UTG+1 calls.  $110 in the pot, $25 for me to call, and 4 outs for the nuts, 2 for trips (which can win the hand), 3 for an A which might win the pot with 2 pair.  I call with almost 5:1.  River is a 9, they both check.  Either one of these players for sure bets with a decent hand here, they are obv scared of the straight, and my bets lately have only shown monsters.  I bet $60, they both fold and UTG says he had a K.  I said good fold and left.  I got to the "cage" and cashed out.  I always put $600 on my card, and always cash it out after every session.  She says "$620" I do a double take and said "say that again please", and she said it again.  I was so happy for making $20, I thought I was still in the hole for the night, haha.  I had a good laugh with myself.

Anyways, that's the update for now.  Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

No comments: