Monday, February 11, 2008

Feb. 11 Session

I booked a 4 hour session today. Played on 2 tables, since my first one got boring and I couldn't catch a hand worth playing to beat these guys, so I moved. No, I'm not superstitious about the fact that I wasn't getting any cards, so I moved.

I got there around 11am, and my table had 5 players on it. Three hands in I get AA in MP. Normally on a full ring I would raise to $12 or $15 depending on the limpers, but it was only six handed without a limper so I made it my standard $8. What do you know, I get 4 callers. $34 in the pot, flop is K Q 7 rainbow, checks to me, I bet $30, folds to SB who shoves for $17 more, I call, he has 10 J, I hold.

Didn't have much going, I had great reads on all of them, no limpers, I make it $10 with Kd2d, obviously I get 4 callers. Flop is As 5s 6s. It checks around. Turn is a Jx, checks to me, I bet $30, guy to my left INSTA calls, everyone else folds. River is a 9x. I bet $35 into $100 or so. He thinks for a while, then folds and shows Ax2x. I show my 2.

This hand really confused me, but whatever, I made the right plays, wrong result, it happens. One limper, I make it $15 with AQ (hadn't played a hand in about an hour), SB calls with $20 behind (obv smart move), limper calls. Flop is 8 6 3, SB insta shoves, limper thinks then folds, I insta call because I can't fold getting good pot odds. SB flips over 10s9s, and the turn was a 9 and he held. I left the table a few hands later with a profit of $4 - yipee!

It's around 2:00pm, and I get to my new table and I had played with some of them, and one of my friends gave me the update on how the others are playing. I played 2 hands then bounced. EP makes it $8, folds to me in the SB and I call with AhJh, BB calls. Flop is Ad Jd 7x, I check, BB checks, EP bets $12, I make it $35, BB folds, EP calls. Turn is a 2x, I bet $100, he has $89 left, he makes the crying call with QQ and I hold.

LAG MP makes it $10, folds to me in the SB and I make it $36 with AKo, he calls. Flop is 8 7 3, I bet $50, he shoves for $50 more, I of course am not a fan of my hand anymore, but I can't fold, there is too much in the pot, and in my best case, the way I know this player, I could be racing against an OESD. I call $50 more into $220, and he has AQ, I hold.

Profit of $252.50 on the session, good start to the week.

No comments: