Monday, October 20, 2008

In Niagara Falls Ontario...

...Marine Land is the place to go. Whoever came up with that jingle must have made a fortune since it will be embedded in my brain forever after not hearing it for like 10 years.

Anyways, so I made the trip to Niagara falls to watch Marc at the WPT final table taping. I went down with Adam, Marco, and Frank on Thursday morning to catch the FT at 4. We checked into the hotel at like 3 and Marc met us there and we headed over to Fallsview to catch the action. Oh and by the way, $199 a night for a family suite with a view of the falls - 2 queen beds, a king and jacuzzi - sounds like a sick deal. Except... $11 for internet PER laptop, cheap cost there.

The atmosphere was amazing there. So much going on when we got there, we insta hit up the bar. No drinks were allowed in the showroom, so we downed as many as we could before the final table started to get us riled up - which obv worked. We were screaming so hard for that Q to come it was unreal, hopefully you'll hear it on tv. Marc got 5th as we all know, that was disappointing, but a huge congratulations to you, Marc, for such a sick finish yet again. Your win will seriously come any time now.

We all went out for drinks and dinner after and hung out at the Keg, it was nice. Then Adam, Marco, Frank and I went to the LCBO and got a 40 of absolut, 26er of Grey Goose, 12 tall cans of Heineken and a partridge in a pear tree. We had a great night in the Hotel room, Adam was crushing the $77 6-max MTT at midnight and got really fucked with 12 left like the dumbest hand ever but I can't remember it exactly... I think it was a 3 outer AK vs A9 all in on the flop or 7 4 2. A9 played that hand really well. Adam and I got to bed at 4am, Marco and Frank decided to go for breakfast with kevvybrown then and no clue when they got back. Got some extra time to sleep so we didn't have to check out at 11:30 we were able to check out at 12:30 so we did that and headed home.

I have some pictures on my blackberry but can't find my USB cable to upload them on here, hopefully next time I'll have it around.

No comments: