Friday, December 14, 2007

A Little PLO

It's exam time, I have my last exam tomorrow (Saturday Dec 15th) and I am done school until January! I am looking forward to a great Christmas Holidays, I have just had so much school work to do and it will for sure be an awesome break. My girlfriend is coming home from Maine, and I haven't seen her since August, so it will be good to see her again.

As far as poker goes, since my last post, I had been playing quite a bit of live poker. I wanted to get as much in before I started to study for my exams. Since then, I have been playing online. I won a $4.40 180, and also I have gotten into PLO. Recently I had been talking to Galen about PLO. He is insanely good at it and it really perked my interest to start playing. He was basically pointing out the basics about it, and from what he told me, PLO is definately a much different game than I had anticipated. I have played it before, but I would want to play almost every hand. After watching and talking with Galen, it's crazy how disciplined you need to be to play this game.

I definately cannot afford to take my bankroll and play middle stakes PLO, so I decided to start out at 0.01/0.02 and they allow you to buy in for $5 max at that limit - which is awesome. So far after playing maybe 5 hours, I am up approximately 5 or 6 buy ins, and that 5 hours is spread over a few days, so I think I am doing quite well for now especially as a beginner, but I am really eager to continue playing - it is a very fun game.

As far as my Christmas holidays go, I will be hopefully playing as much live poker as I can and of course PLO online, and maybe some tourneys here and there. I will be hanging out with my girlfriend as much as possibly since she is leaving for Costa Rica on the 31st for 10 days - major bad beat considering I only see her 3 times a year - but I am happy for her to be going on a well deserved vacation.

I would like to wish everybody a safe and happy holidays, I will be back soon.

No comments: