Wednesday, November 28, 2007

MTT's

I haven't been playing much online at all, just the odd MTT like every couple of weeks, I've played maybe 3 or 4 in November, I haven't been in the mood at all and I don't have an online bankroll anymore.

Last night I went to Adam's house to hang out for the night and play some NHL 08 and have some drinks. Adam said he was taking the night off poker so we had a long fun night ahead of us. We played maybe 10 games of NHL 08 and I went 2-8, I'm so good. He really runs good at everything, except when I took him twice in 2 heads up matches, which he probably wasn't trying in anyways haha. Anyways, it was like 3:30am, we were watching some Lost and I wasn't tired at all and decided I wanted to play some online tournaments. I had like $8 in my stars account and didn't care if I won or lost it all, I just wanted to play something. There was a $3.30 at 4:00am that perked my interest. There were only 78 entrants by 3:30am and I figured I could dominate all of them.

4:00am rolled around, and the tournament started, 698 entrants, perfect, I won't be up long at all. I actually wanted to see how well I could do, so I tried my best. It always helps when you get AA 3 hands in and make it 5x on the button at 10/20 and someone shoves in the SB for 1500 (starting stack) and you call and double up instantly. That always helps, but of course, I went card dead. First break passed, I still hadn't played a hand. Blinds were now 75/150, i had about 2800.

I would get the HH, but to be honest, I honestly go no hands whatsoever, I just started stealing the blinds like crazy once the antes kicked in, won some big pots here and there with no showdowns. I was hitting some flops and stuff, but it didn't last the whole way. Once the money bubble kicked in, I was able to just add to my stack big time and steal the blinds.

I made it to the FT, it was now 8:00am, and I'm starting to get tired, but didn't let it get to me at the FT. I was 6/9 with roughly 100k in chips and the big stack had 240k. So it was anyones game, but the blinds were really starting to kick in. It was a back and forth game when it was 5 handed and the losing hand that would shove would manage to win and double up and no one would die which sucked cause I was card dead and trying to pick my spots to shove and steal the blinds. It was working fine, since everyone was so tight which sucked cause basically it's up to me to break the silence cause I'm the aggressor at the table. So I was trying to take control, but I had no chips to do it. I finally shoved with As3s from the BB after a big stack SB raise and he called with AJ. The board was 2s 5x 8x 8s, so I had a ton of outs to win or chop, and I bricked out and took 5th place for $107 or so. I was upset with the finish at the time because they were all terrible players and so tight, I just had to push and prey, had I doubled up, I would have been in decent shape to TID and I would have been 2/5, but whatever. I'm happy with the result now looking back on it. Hopefully I can continue playing some MTT's.

No comments: